Sep 18, 2005

Sat 17 Sep



Maurice Joshua "This is Acid" is a famous "Acid House" song




Yesterday was so exciting...

I went to Links Hall and talked with administrative coordinator.
I will work as a volunteer on every Monday from 1 to 5pm. My tasks is cleaning, maintenance, and office work.
I can see any art events for free as a volunteer!

Then I went to one music studio without appointment to ask about "DJ class".
I met DJ Cruzz who lives there with his family and he taught many things about Chicago house music and DJ class.
And his working partner is... surprising... Maurice Joshua!!!
He is a really famous remixer/producer and he won 2004 Gramy Award for best remixed record for Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" feat. JAY-Z.


I thought "YABAI CHOU YUUMEIJIN..."


And the DJ class's instructor is DJ Cruzz and Joshua!!!

But the fee is really expensive, $250 for 3 hours...
Originally the fee was $350 but I am Japanese and Joshua is Japanese-Afro-American, and then he said "Okay $250 because of Japanese connection".

I really want to learn real DJ techniques from them, but the money is problem... $250 for 3 hours...
I have not decided whether I will enter or not.

Anyway DJ Cruzz invited me to the party last night. It is a kind of secret party, not for public.

I came home once and went to Sung's apartment with beer.
He lives with roommate there now, and the roommate is Emil, Swedish guy. He is nice and cool guy.

We went to the party together and the party was just great.
I saw many famous DJs there... I can not believe.

I spent 5 hours there. I got drunk. I arrived home at 6am.


Yesterday was really long day.


I woke up at 3pm today.
I am going to go to the art show at Links Hall tonight.











No comments:

Post a Comment