Sep 13, 2005

Mon 12 Sep



Yesterday, I got important email from my counselor.
I was surprised by this email.

-- Part of his comment --


In essence, you are wasting your company’s investment in you by not working with the program or taking any interest in improving yourself.

You may not be making a salary right now, but it costs about $100 a day to keep you in this program (home-stay, transport to locations, support staff, equipment investment, etc).

So I am giving you a choice today start getting active or consider going back to Japan and starting your job. It is as simple as that.


“If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen”
熱さに耐えられないならキッチンからでろ=コンセプトに従えないならやめろ


He also wrote...


Tomorrow, please submit to me and start ―

1. week’s activities

2. schedule

3. goals in detail

4. be out of the house 8 hours of the day minimum (9 o’clock leave, come back at 5) you can go home for lunch if you want or take it with you

5. I expect a variety of activities, not just the same thing every day

6. Daily report should be about what you did, where you went and what you learned or what is your opinion. I do not care if you like where you went or did not like it, but would like you to be giving commentary and critique.



I have two choices.
1. Start something even I am not interested in, just to meet people.
2. Going back to Japan and starting job.

The reason he wrote this email now is probably that it is the time of that half-year participants finish this program and start their work for YZK.

I do not understand choice 1 which he is suggesting to me.
Starting something which even I do not want to do is totally senseless, I think.

I feel strong frustration with his way to counsel...











No comments:

Post a Comment